Foster Homes Needed – What is Foster Care?
Foster Care allows adoptable animals to be in a safe and secure environment until they find their forever home. In some cases the animal may be recovering from an illness or injury and would benefit from a loving and stable atmosphere while they recover.
Fostering is an incredibly rewarding experience that requires a real commitment. The emotional aspects of fostering can be challenging and should be discussed with all of your family members. Oftentimes it can be difficult to see them leave your home for their new forever home. The wonderful part of fostering is knowing that you played a tremendous and extremely crucial role in getting them there.
We require a completed foster care application and an interview with you in your home before we can approve you as a foster caregiver.
- Foster parents must be 21 years of age.
- Foster parents must be able to provide a safe, loving and stable environment for the foster animal.
- In some instances, experience with animal behavioral or medical issues is a plus, but is not necessary.
- Foster parents must have common sense and patience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The responsibilities of a foster volunteer include the daily care and maintenance of the foster animal(s); providing them with fresh food and water, and any necessary medications.
- Making sure they are safe, comfortable, and socialized during their stay in your home is important.
- Foster parents are also responsible for communicating to the program coordinator and staff any needs or concerns, whether medical, behavioral or other.
- Foster parents must be able to transport their foster animal(s) to and from veterinarian appointments and adoption events.
- Foster parents should actively participate in finding their foster animal(s) their forever homes.
The time commitment required in being a foster parent varies depending on the animals you are caring for.However, it is a big commitment regardless. You are their caregiver day and night until they are adopted.
Please down the Foster Care Application and be a Foster Home.
Grant Writer Needed
The Texarkana Animal League is always looking for funding channels to support our current programs and start new programs. We are in need of a grant writer to help in finding and applying for these different opportunities.
Cat Adoption Center Volunteers Needed
The cat adoption Center inside the Texarkana PetSmart is run daily by our volunteers. Volunteers work to solialize, care for and clean up after the cats that are for adoption there. Volunteers must be 18 year or older. Please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 877-525-4825, option 1 to find out more about volunteering with Texarkana Animal League!